6.30.2008

Off the air...

So they say getting there is half the fun... Well after being stuck in Des Moines airport for 16 hours when we came for Christmas I thought getting here to visit our families from Colorado Springs would be a little easier. And truthfully it was but still it wasn't exactly "fun".

Cameron and I are always kind of "checking up" on eachother. A couple of times we paid the same bills twice because we didn't think the other person had paid it. So when Cameron asked me to look at the map and find the exit we should take to get to Utah through Fort Collins I figured he really knew the right way and he was just asking me so that I could double check him. Well, turns out he really was depending on me to find the right road and it turns out that I'm not the best map reader in the world. (In my defense I did think he was going to double check me or that he already knew and so I really didn't take my job that seriously)

So after an hour of driving the wrong direction and finding our way back to the freeway we stopped for gas, ate a quick lunch and took off again. After turning onto the highway Cam looks out the back window to change lanes and oops - he thought I shut the trunk and I thought he had. Luckily not ALL our suitcases had fallen out. And even luckier they fell out just before we turned onto the highway so it wasn't too hard to get them back!

We made it to Flaming Gorge. Dropped off Landon and Cameron and the other kids and I took off for Ogden. Austin and Isaac were FINALLY asleep and things were good. Then I had to slow down through Laramy, WY. The kids woke up and I had to listen to them crying for an hour and a half (I think I sang every song I could think of, told every story I could remember, pointed out every possible interesting thing outside the window and finally I just cranked the radio and told them I was sorry but I had to concentrate on the road so cry if you must but I have to keep driving) until I FINALLY made it into my parents driveway. Let me tell you, no driveway ever looked so good.

So now that I'm here I am going to enjoy my time. No blogging for me (well, MAYBE!). I'll be catching up later. So... I love you all, good night, over and out, stay cool and have a fun summer....

5 comments:

runningfan said...

Kendra, it sounds like you've had a crazy trip so far! Wow! Hopefully your time in Ogden will be relaxing and uneventful! Take care & hurry back! -- heidi

Andrea said...

Oh Kendra! I am so glad you made it- it sounds like quite an adventure. The good news is that trips like that make for the best stories, right?! Have fun with your parents!

Anonymous said...

WHAT CUTE FRIENDS YOU HAVE KENDRA. TOO BAD THAT WAS ONLY THE BEGINNING OF THE EVENTS FOR YOU. TRUTH IS, THERE IS SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS EVERY TIME WE GET TOGETHER. SOMEONE GETS SICK. WHEN I SAW ISSAC THROW UP LIKE HE CAME OUT OF A MONSTER MOVIE, I HAD NO IDEA OF HOW SICK HE REALLY WAS. THEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING TO A VERY SICK MOM OF THREE LITTLE BOYS. I WAS WORN OUT AND I HAD HELP. YOU ARE AMAZING TAKING CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN AS WELL AS YOU DO. SO FAR, NO SERIOUS REACTIONS FROM AUSTIN. LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY. MOM

shay said...

I have had to crank up the radio a time or two! That doesn't make us bad mom's does it?

[S Rizzle] said...

What?!!