12.14.2010

comfort and joy

Today, as I was reading to Isaac before naps, the phrase "comfort and joy" came to mind. I love our afternoon tradition of snuggles and stories. It's our one on one time together each day and I cherish it. I hope he does too. I love these pictures too, because, awww it's Christmas. The Christmas quilt my Grandma made me years ago - it sits on our couch all Christmas season and we all snuggle under it. The Christmas story story Isaac is reading - he loves finding the baby Jesus. And the Christmas Angel bear that sings Away in a Manger - he listens to it at least once a day.



5 comments:

maynardmoments said...

Cute pictures. I am sure he LOVES that time of day just as much as you, if not more.

The Mitchells said...

What a great tradition!

Kasey said...

C-U-T-E! Love it. He looks so cozy and happy.

Eyelashes by Brandy said...

I absolutely love reading your blog. You always encourage me to be a better mom...
I get "too busy" to read to my boy at naptime, and he has gotten used to it, and now, I want that time back... so, in honor of this post, he gets his book time at nap time again... really, what else is more important, right!? Love ya girl! Oh, AND PS, I got your Christmas card today... I LOVE it! You're family is so beautiful, and so are you... what a creative idea... you have so much talent!

Colleen said...

What a DARLING set of photos! And a wonderful, cozy tradition!